Planning and Zoning Department
CITY PLANNING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
124 South Pearl Street
Natchez MS 39120
Phone (601) 445 7519
Fax (601) 445 6653
The City Planning and Community Development Department serves as staff to:
- Natchez Historic Preservation Commission
- Natchez Planning Commission
- Natchez Construction Codes Board of Appeal
- Natchez Board of Examiners (licenses contractors).
- Development and administration of the city’s comprehensive plan, historic preservation, zoning, subdivision review, and interagency development plans review.
- Administer the building code permitting and inspection programs through the Office of Inspections.
- Manage general code enforcement through the Code Enforcement Section.
- Receive and process applications related to the following:
- Certificate of Appropriateness (pdf)
- Paint Approval (pdf)
- Development Application (pdf)
- Application for Home Occupation (pdf)
- Natchez Zoning Board of Adjustment Telecommunication Application (pdf)
- Privilege License Application Checklist - New Business / Location Change / Business Type Change (pdf)
- Sign Permit Application (pdf)
- Subdivision Application (pdf)
- City Code of Ordinances (pdf)
- Natchez Development Code (pdf)
The Director of Planning and Zoning is the Chairperson of the Natchez Site Plan Review Committee, an interagency staff committee that reviews subdivisions and land development site plans.
Frankie Legaux Director of Planning and Zoning firstname.lastname@example.org
James Johnston Community Development Director email@example.com
Riccardo Giani Assistant to the Department Heads firstname.lastname@example.org
Constance Clayton Administrative Assistant email@example.com
OFFICE OF INSPECTIONS
- Administer the currently adopted city building codes: 2009 International Building Codes, 2011 National Electric Code, 2012 International Property Maintenance Code, and coordinate with the Fire Marshall to administer the 2009 International Fire Code.
- Provide daily inspections of new construction, renovation, restoration, alteration, and electrical connection or reconnection request.
- Receive and act upon building permit applications for all of the construction trades
- Perform building plans review prior to issuing building permits.
- Work with the local electricity company, Entergy, to ensure safe electrical power supply to residences and commercial buildings.
- Ensure, in coordination with the City Engineer, compliance of building plans and construction with the requirements of the National Flood Insurance Program.
- Coordinate all water and sewer taps with Natchez Water Works.
- Issue driveway permits for the City Engineer, pursuant to a memorandum agreement.
- Investigate, in coordination with the Code Enforcement Section, citizen inquiries regarding substandard, unsafe, or dangerous buildings and provide the expertise required to make determinations as to legally required demolitions, improvements, and measures to secure unsafe buildings to prevent unauthorized entry and use.
- Provide inspections and repairs to the electrical, plumbing and mechanical systems in various City of Natchez buildings.
Jody Rutter Building Inspector firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda Calcote Inspections Administrative Assistant email@example.com
Jerry Rouse Electrical Inspector (601) 445-7512
Forest Flynn Mechanical Inspector (601) 445-7512
Bo Stevens Plumbing Inspector (601) 445-7512
CODE ENFORCEMENT SECTION
- Respond to citizen complaints about nuisances and code violations. The most prevalent code violations are the maintenance of residences, buildings, and private property and improper storage of vehicles on the right-of-way and on private lots.
- Handle complaints about potential zoning violations and light and noise nuisance complaints.
- DOES NOT respond ro violations pertaining to animal control, building codes, fire codes, traffic safety, sanitation, and the codes administered directly by the Police Department.The code enforcement staff may refer complaints or issues to the appropriate other agency for disposition.
Nikki Johnson Code Enforcement Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
Anita Smith Code Enforcement email@example.com
Please refer tour FAQ Section should you have additional questions.
TO ACCESS ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE INFORMATION CLICK HERE